As we enter a new decade we believe God is calling New Life Family Services to step up, and step out, in courageous faith to reach as many abortion-minded/vulnerable individuals as possible. We believe that He has prepared and equipped us to accomplish this vision.
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” —Joshua 1:9
Our vision is to one day reach all abortion-minded and abortion-vulnerable individuals throughout Minnesota with comprehensive pregnancy-related services and the message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
The 2015 Goal
Our goal is to double the number of pregnancy center clients served, and lives saved from abortion, annually by 2015.
Over the course of the next three years we seek to increase our capacity to double the number of clients served, and lives saved from abortion. In order to accomplish our vision we will implement a detailed work plan that contains specific timelines and action steps for the goals below.
Goal 1: To develop larger, high-impact offices, with maximum reach to abortion-minded/vulnerable individuals.
- Expand St. Paul office into a model, high-impact office. Relocate office into larger space within SunRay and increase staffing levels for maximum impact
- Reallocate Anoka office and staff, while maintaining community presence and outreach
- Expand Richfield office into a high-impact office by determining and potentially relocating into ideal location
- Open an additional high-impact office in an urban location reaching key demographics (low-income, high rate of diversity, abortion-minded)
- Assess Rochester office and investigate ideal locations, staffing levels and services. Implement a plan to develop it into a high-impact office
- Evaluate Twin Cities and Greater Minnesota needs and identify potential future opportunities
Goal 2: To expand our service model to attract abortion- minded/vulnerable individuals unlikely to walk into a pregnancy center, as well as bring our services to those individuals unable or unwilling to come to us.
- Implement a feeder-strategy that will both engage additional referral partners (increasing referrals to us) and develop physical partnerships with outside agencies (we bring our client services to them):
- Modify staffing structure and add positions with a focus on outreach/networking
- Add necessary staff to execute off-site services
- Pilot STD testing and treatment at our U of M office, where we see the greatest number of abortion-minded clients. Evaluate services for expansion into other locations.
A large percentage of college students are sexually active. Statistics show that 1 in 2 sexually active individuals will contract an STD by age 25. The demographic seeking STD testing is the same demographic most likely to find themselves in an unplanned pregnancy. College-aged students are a target population for Planned Parenthood and other abortion providers. We desire to attract this target population away from abortion providers through needed services. We believe this is a service that will attract new clients to our University office, where we see the highest number of abortion-minded clients.
We know we cannot accomplish any plan without you. Throughout New Life’s history, God has moved in the hearts of friends to grow and sustain this ministry. Each person who has compassion for the unborn and families, plays a vital role. The fight to protect life is too large for one person, or one organization, to do alone. It needs an army of committed people willing to link arms.
The strategic plan includes an increase of $690,000 in annual operating expenses and an estimated $300,000—$600,000 in one-time capital expenses. We believe this is an excellent cost benefit ratio as we are seeking to increase our budget by nearly one-half (47%), while doubling the number of clients served, and lives saved from abortion, each year.
At New Life our annual budget is over 90% dependent on faithful partner donations. Because we offer free services to our clients we do not have a steady revenue stream from which to draw upon. Our only revenue stream is adoption services, which accounts for less than 10% of our budget. Furthermore, because of the comprehensive nature of our services and New Life’s philosophy of adoption, to find families for children – not children for families, our adoption fees are not designed to fully cover all of our adoption expenses.
As we embark on this exciting strategic plan we are asking our friends to stand with us. We know the fight to change hearts, save lives, build families, and restore hope will need many faithful partners. We have developed a plan to reach our vision, and we will need hundreds of individuals and families to participate, with an ongoing, long-term commitment to get there. We humbly ask that you pray and seek if God is leading you to commit to supporting New Life. If you are led, we would be honored to have you as a partner, investing tangibly in life. We are praying for God’s hand to move in the hearts of those He desires to walk with us. To God be all the glory!
Are you ready to join us as a partner in this vision? Donate online today.