New Life Family Services is accepting applications for the Student Advisory Board for the 2020 spring semester. The Student Advisory Board consists of 10-15 responsible, committed, and passionate students between the ages of 17-22.
During the 6 month commitment (January 2020 – June 2020), students will meet monthly with staff from New Life Family Services, to focus on client marketing, non-profit management, and fundraising. They will have the opportunity to create advertisements, learn about the inner workings of a nonprofit, contribute ideas to improve operations, and work towards a final project of giving a Live Ultrasound presentation along with staff from New Life. In addition, this advisory board will support the center’s major events during the year.
This is a great opportunity for students to learn about what happens behind the scenes of a non-profit. Students will gain valuable marketing and event experience, and volunteer/internship hours.
Meetings will take place from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. on the 2nd Monday of each month beginning January 13, 2020 at our pregnancy center, First Care Pregnancy Center, located in Minneapolis (2900 University Ave. SE). Dinner will be provided.
- Learn the inner workings of a non-profit
- Become acquainted with New Life Family Services programs
- Contribute ideas to improve operations and marketing at New Life
- Grow in your leadership abilities
- Be a voice for Life to your peers
- Work and learn aside other like-minded individuals
- Earn service learning or volunteer hours
- Potential Internship or graduation credits
- Attend and participate in monthly meetings
(2nd Monday of each month)
- Attend and promote two New Life Family Services events:
- February 1, 2020: Laugh for Life
- June 2020 TBD: Walk for Life
- Lead and organize one Live Ultrasound event during semester with staff support
- Agree to Statement of Faith
- Be ready to contribute ideas!
How to Apply
Students who are interested should complete an application at www.nlfs.org, under the Employment section. For questions, please contact Kayla Kelly at 612-746-5675.
Applications will be taken through October 31st, 2019, and interviews will take place throughout November. The Student Advisory Board members will be announced by December 1st.